- A Backward Glance, Edith Wharton
- Ghost Stories, Edith Wharton
- The Warden, Anthony Trollope
- Barchester Towers, Anthony Trollope
- First Love, Ivan Turgenev
- Slaughterhouse Five, Kurt Vonnegut
- Agnes Grey, Anne Bronte
- The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck
- Lady Audley's Secret, Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- Villette, Charlotte Bronte
- The Good Earth, Pearl Buck
- The Woman in White, Wilkie Collins
- Bleak House, Charles Dickens
- Little Dorrit, Charles Dickens
- Nicholas Nickelby, Charles Dickens
- Hard Times, Charles Dickens
- The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand
- Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand
- Clarissa, Samuel Richardson
- Housekeeping, Marilynne Robinson
- The Satanic Verses, Salman Rushdie
- The Mysteries of Udolpho, Anne Radcliffe
- The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoevesky
- Crime and Punishment, Fyodor Dostoevesky
- Excellent Women, Barbara Pym
- The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
- The Journals of Sylvia Plath, Sylvia Plath
- Sister Carrie, Theodore Dreiser
- Daniel Deronda, George Eliot
- Castle Rackrent, Maria Edgeworth
- The Mill on the Floss, George Eliot
- Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov
- North and South, Elizabeth Gaskell
- Fidelity, Susan Glaspell
- Brighton Rock, Graham Greene
- The Heart of the Matter, Graham Greene
- Far from The Madding Crowd, Thomas Hardy
- Lady Chatterly's Lover, D.H. Lawrence
- The Turn of the Screw, Henry James
- The Aspern Papers, Henry James
- Portrait of a Lady, Henry James
- The Wings of the Dove, Henry James
- Catch 22, Joseph Heller
- The Man in the Iron Mask, Alexandre Dumas
- East of Eden, John Steinbeck
- A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, David Eggers
- The Stand, Stephen King
- Tropic of Cancer, Henry Miller
- The Haunting of Hill House, Shirley Jackson
- A Walker in the City, Alfred Kazin
- Memories of a Catholic Girlhood, Mary McCarthy
- Stop-Time, Frank Conroy
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Ken Kesey
Thursday, November 15, 2012
My Classics Book List
I've read several of these before. My rule is that I cannot have read the book within the last 20 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
6 of them. That's all I've read. I should make another pass and count how many I haven't even heard of. Lots. Good luck.
I just read The Stand for the first time this year and was shocked by how much I liked it. Great list! - Melissa
Post a Comment